It is the mission of Youth Protection volunteers and professionals to work within the Boy Scouts of America to maintain a culture of Youth Protection awareness and safety at the national, regional, area, council, district, and unit levels.
Youth Protection is a required training to be an Adult Leader with the Boy Scouts of America. Youth Protection and other online training can be found at my.scouting.org. You do not have to be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America to take Youth Protection training.
With new updates to myscouting.org and my.scouting.org, please DO NOT create additional accounts. Doing this will cause an additional profile in Scoutnet on the Council side.
There are many training courses that can be taken online at my.scouting.org.
- Create an account — this can be done with or without your BSA membership ID.
- If you enter your membership ID, your training records will be updated at the Council Office.
- If you are not yet registered, you can still take training, just print the certificate at the end of each course.
- After your account is created you will receive an email with a link. Click the link to activate your My.Scouting account. This must be done before you can log in. If you do not receive an email, check your spam/junk folder.
- Once you log in to my.scouting, click Home at the top left corner. Then click my dashboard. It will default to the My Training.